Friendship, care & comfort are the keys to a happy retirement & these are all offered at Gosberton House, which is a family owned & run home. Our highly trained nurses & carers are experts in the care & comfort of the elderly, infirm and terminally ill 24 hours a day. The full time activities coordinators organize a wide variety of past times & activities as well as helping in personal ventures.
The house itself is a magnificent Georgian property built in 1805 as a private residence for the Welby – Everard family. It was occupied by them until 1956 when it was purchased by Lincolnshire County Council who extended it and turned it into a school. It continued in this way until 1989 when it was purchased by the present owners, who refurbished and converted the house into the care home it is today. In 1999 further extensions were added.
The grounds are delightful with extensive lawns to the front and rear of the house. There is a very large ornamental pond, Japanese garden, summer house and an assortment of mature trees all around the property enhancing the quiet and calmness of the house and grounds.
The grounds provide an excellent opportunity for our residents and visitors to stroll amongst the beautiful trees and shrubs and to relax in our traditional summer house.